‘100 Million Meals’ is the biggest food drive in the region that aims to provide 100 million meals for disadvantaged individuals and families in 20 countries during the holy month of Ramadan. Organized by the UAE-based Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum Global Initiatives (MBRGI), the campaign reflects the UAE’s humanitarian principles to aid the vulnerable across the world, regardless of race, religion or nationality, especially after the outbreak of COVID-19 exacerbated food insecurity, poverty and unemployment among underserved populations.
The ‘100 Million Meals’ campaign is an expansion of the ‘10 Million Meals’ campaign that the UAE launched locally in 2020 to provide food support for COVID-19-hit communities. It complements the UAE’s year-long humanitarian initiatives, placing the country at the forefront of global development assistance. Launched in line with the holy month of Ramadan, the ‘100 Million Meals’ campaign aims to promote the values of giving, compassion and benevolence.
The MBRGI will carry out the campaign in collaboration with the Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum Humanitarian and Charity Establishment, Food Banking Regional Network, the United Nations World Food Programme, humanitarian organizations in beneficiary countries and federal and local entities in the UAE.
‘100 Million Meals’ campaign seeks to boost the UAE’s unwavering efforts to develop effective and practical solutions to combat poverty and hunger as two key challenges facing humanity.
The campaign stems from the UAE’s principles of serving humanity, laid by the late UAE founder His Highness Sheikh Zayed bin Sultan Al Nahyan, to become a pivotal part of the society. The campaign implements the leadership’s vision to establish solidarity, aid the vulnerable and foster the belief that happiness lies in giving.
- To raise AED100 million to provide 100 million meals for disadvantaged individuals and families;
- To unite people from all over the world towards combating hunger and malnutrition;
- To actively contribute to achieving the second of the UN Sustainable Development Goals that aims to end hunger, achieve food security and improve nutrition by 2030;
- To encourage the public to adopt a humanitarian cause, particularly fighting hunger;
- To create the biggest social community from the UAE to the Arab world and establish a solid support network of businessmen, companies and the public to empower the vulnerable;
- To foster the values of giving across all society segments and encourage the public to help people in need.
- Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum Humanitarian and Charity Establishment
- Food Banking Regional Network
- United Nations World Food Programme
- Islamic Affairs and Charitable Activities Department in Dubai